I feel like there should be a little fanfare like when you win a battle in Final Fantasy haha but moving on… This is my grad film! I still can’t believe it’s all over, all the final tweaks are done and we made it into the degree show too 🙂 Feel free to check it out and leave me any feedback
Side film starts shooting this Saturday which is exciting, watch this space….
I thought I’d post a mini update as rendering and last minute animation tweaks are consuming all my time at the moment. Here are a small selection of rendered pictures from some complete shots before although this is before any post production in After Effects and Photoshop.
When you’re getting close to render time and wham! All the problems start… So Dorothy’s pupils in the newest render tests have disappeared which is a little confusing but thankfully it was easily resolved.
Perhaps much more alarmingly the Arnold batch render function has broken. At first we thought it was an installation error but everything seemed alright on the front. Then I realised my scene seemed much larger than it should’ve been (200-300mb) excessive for what was in the scene. Upon a major file clean up in the outlier, layers and geometry the file is now 80mb which to no surprise Maya handles much more smoothly. I set a render last night before the studio closed and it rendered out two frames before I had to leave, but fingers crossed!!
On a more positive note animation is going well I think!
So things have definitely progressed, the front of the street is finished subject to a few minor changes like the stone texture which isn’t really working. Also a couple of firefly issues on the main road and I this isn’t final lighting either. But so happy the tree is working! The other street has been started hoping to get the majority done tomorrow.
Found my new love a Wacom Cintq 13′ HD and did a quick sketch up between renders which is a bit cliche anime something I am trying to move away from.
New stone texture to replace old material, both tileable.