Rendering breaks even the strongest of us

When you’re getting close to render time and wham! All the problems start… So Dorothy’s pupils in the newest render tests have disappeared which is a little confusing but thankfully it was easily resolved.

Perhaps much more alarmingly the Arnold batch render function has broken. At first we thought it was an installation error but everything seemed alright on the front. Then I realised my scene seemed much larger than it should’ve been (200-300mb) excessive for what was in the scene. Upon a major file clean up in the outlier, layers and geometry the file is now 80mb which to no surprise Maya handles much more smoothly. I set a render last night before the studio closed and it rendered out two frames before I had to leave, but fingers crossed!!

animation ref

On a more positive note animation is going well I think!

Check my WIP website out at:

http://sarahdcg.wix.com/sarah-doyle-cg

Advertisements
Rendering breaks even the strongest of us

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s